Combined Security Training Course (4N1114 & 4N1118)
Most of our applicants choose to complete both QQI Level 4 Door Security Procedures and Guarding Skills training courses, not only does it represent the best value for money, but it gives learners the advantage in securing work in different sectors of the industry. Successful students are eligible to apply for both the Door and Guarding security licenses from the PSA and in this growing industry candidates holding both licenses will always have a better chance in securing employment.
This course is accredited by QQI and successful candidates attain a QQI level 4 minor award in Basic Guarding Skills and Door Security Procedures.
The course involves a combination of home and in-class study. 70 hours of a home study must be completed before 30 hours of class learning can take place. There are two examinations at the end of the course – one a theory exam, and the other a practical exam relating to the particular field of study.
Maximum number of participants: 15
Duration: 70 hours of home study & 30 hours of in-class study (4 days)
Certificate: For life, Licence with PSA to be renewed every 3 years
Objectives of the course
To provide the participants with the skills to work in both static and the retail industry and on licensed premises
To provide participants with the knowledge needed in regard to the law and legal aspects.
Learners will be able to:
- An expanded awareness of the security industry in the context of mainstream or retail vocational setting.
- An understanding of the basic principles and development of the security industry in Ireland to include criminal, civil, employment and Health and Safety legislation to include applying their knowledge of the private security services and related legislation to include apply their learning to the role of the security officer.
- The ability to apply new skills in a variety of situations.
- Developed an awareness of their own personal traits and how these are relevant to developing the necessary professional qualities required of a security officer & Door Supervisor.
- The ability to communicate effectively within the workplace.