Select Security Terms & Conditions
- Static & Retail /Door & Event QQI level 4 courses are made up of 100 hours of learning. Of this, 30 hours are direct contact between the student and instructor and 70 hours of self-directed learning. Candidates must complete their booking & payment (Deposit of €75,) online to participate in selected course. the remainder of the course fee will be required on the first morning of the course. Select Security reserves the right to retain your €75 deposit in the event of your cancellation of the course. All necessary learning materials will be available for students after completion of registration process, through The Security Institute of Ireland.
- All students are required to sit an English proficiency demonstration on the first morning of the course. This demonstration is designed to assess reading, writing, listening, speaking and comprehension skills. If a student fails this demonstration, he or she will no longer be eligible to participate in the course and their deposit will not be refunded..
- Students who fail to turn up will lose their deposit. and if the wish they can re-book, we do not carryover deposits to new bookings.
- Very important: The English Demonstration will start at 9am sharp on the first morning, Students are required to be in class for 8:30am, as this demonstration in carried out in an open forum. If student arrives late, they WILL NOT be able to participate and will be sent home. and their deposit will not be refunded..
- All candidates must have a colour COPY of passport or other evidence of identity. Also a colour COPY of utilities bill or other evidence of address. With them on the first morning of course. (colour copies required, we no not have a copying facilities)
- Delivery of the Training / Static & Retail . Course duration: delivered over 4 days. 3 days one week with a break of 7 days the returning for the 4th day for assessments. content, and other details are defined in the course description. The course price: includes cost of certification with The Security Institute of Ireland.
- Delivery of the Training / Door & Event . Course duration: delivered over 6 days. 4 days one week with a break of 7 days the returning for 2 days for assessments. content, and other details are defined in the course description. The course price: includes cost of certification with The Security Institute of Ireland.
- Select Security reserves the right to change dates of a course , reasonable notice of date change will be given (except in the case of an emergency). If we alter the date of a course, participants will be offered a place on a course date that suits them. There will be no entitlement to compensation/costs or damages arising from such a change.
- Re-Sitting assessments. all students must pass all the assessments, if student fails 50 questions exam, video assessments, or report writing assessment, they will be offered the opportunity to re-set the assessment they failed, on the next scheduled assessment day. (Subject to a re-sit fee €75). if a student does not wish to re-sit assessments, they will be deemed to have failed the course.
Select Security does not store your credit card details
A payment information, excluding name and contact details, provided by you is not stored by us. Enrolments from Select Security, either on Select Security websites or by phone, that require the inputting of credit card information use specialised credit card payment service Stripe for the purposes of processing credit card data..
10. What information do we collect
When ordering, filling out forms or registering on our site, as appropriate, you will be asked to enter your name, PPS Number, e-mail address, contact details as well as address. Any information which you provide in this way is used by us only in line with the purpose for which you provided it. Retention time is six months.
11. Who we share your data with
Macken Consultancy Ltd. & QQI (Quality Qualifications Ireland)
QQI is the National Awarding body for Further Education & Higher Education awards in Ireland. After you have completed a QQI award ,we must provide QQI with some of your personal information in order to finalise the certification and release of your QQI Award from QQI. Data such as your Name & PPSN number are entered onto the QQI awards system. The following link on QQI’s website will explain why such data is requested and returned. https://qhelp.qqi.ie/learners/gdpr—my-data/
Select Security take privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account. This privacy notice will come into effect on the 25th May 2018, and it applies to any Website, Learning Management System, Contractor Management System, or service operated by Select Security. This policy describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information. You can request a copy of this policy by emailing [email protected]
Please read carefully and acknowledge Terms & Conditions